Step by Step Guide for CDR Writing
Step by Step Guide for CDR Writing
Competency Demonstration Report(CDR) is documentation that showcases your skills and knowledge as an engineer that meets Australian Standards. Engineers Australia (EA) evaluates your CDR Report before selecting whether you fit into the selected ANZSCO Code you are applying for.
It cannot be denied that the Competency Demonstration Report is the backbone of your Australian Skilled Migration Application, so be serious while writing CDR Report. CDRWriters have an expert team to provide excellent CDR Reports that get assessed by EA.
Generally, Engineers Australia(EA) asks you to write your CDR Report on your own to showcase your communication skills to the assessor. But, if you provide poorly written CDR to EA, then your chance to settle in Australia reduce considerably. So you can seek a professional writer’s help who assists you in writing a CDR Report. It is a step to get positive skill assessments from the EA. The best CDR Writing Service Providers like CDRWriters have helped thousands of engineers to write successful CDR Report. They also help to customize their specific career roles and actions.
Guidelines for Writing a CDR by Engineers Australia
The most difficult risk related to writing your own CDR is the lack of information or a poorly-written report. This may kill your chances of getting an Australian Skilled Migration Visa. So follow all the guidelines for CDR announced by Engineers Australia precisely:
- Your Curriculum Vitae/ Resume is a full summary of your engineering qualification and work experience. It should be a sequential listing of your employment and not a project you have worked on. Also, it should be in A4 size and no longer than three pages.
- Mention the name and location of the organization along with contact details
- Start and end date of employment.
- Job Title
- Job responsibilities are defined in the appointment letter and a summary description of what you did there.
- Your CPD needs to be specified in the list format. It needs to be only one page long.
- Career Episodes need to be written in the English Language. The suggested length of each career episode needs to be 1000 to 2500 words. It should be written in general language and should not include too technical words. A Career Episode needs to be written in the first person highlighting the particular case you set to describe.
- Several paragraphs in your career episodes in the following structure (Career Episode 1 (paragraphs 1.1, 1.2, 1.3…), Career and a similar pattern in Career Episode 2 and Career Episode 3, respectively.
- The paragraph numbers will be used for cross-indexing in the Summary Statement.
- Career Episode needs to look like a description of your experience.
- Summary Statement needs to cover all three career episodes.
Documents you need to submit in CDR Report
- Updated Passport Size Photo
- Mention the page of your passport with your photo and description
- Academic Degree Certificate
- Complete official academic transcript
- Latest CV or Resume
- English Proficiency Test Result like IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL iBT
- Name Change if applicable
- Professional Registration Certificate if applicable
- Documentary Evidences of Employment mentioned in Career Episodes
Step-by-Step guide for CDR Writing
1. Continuing Professional Development
CPD includes all your latest development in your field after your qualification is completed. However, it needs to be provided in the proper format provided by Engineers Australia. It should be limited to one page long in an A4 size sheet. It needs to include the following details:
- Your Postgraduate Study Details
- Conference or Training you attended
- The material you made and presented in various courses, conversations, seminars, and conferences
- Volunteering work-related your engineering profession
- Books, or Journals, or Manuals you studied to gain knowledge in the field
2. Summary Statement
Summary Statement is a brief description of the capability units and elements present in a CDR Report. The summary statement focuses on your core engineering skills and managerial capabilities. Your summary statement needs to be prepared in a simple way to understand for your EA Assessor. It should be written in tabular format with the competency elements mentioned and connected to the CDR Episodes.
All candidates need to have three career episodes that include the details of their engineering activity. Once you have completed three sections of the career episodes, you need to assess them to ensure that you covered all of the competency elements within your chosen occupational group. It is necessary to keep in mind that only one summary statement is essential for all three career episodes. The tasks you need to include in the summary statement are:
- Academic Engineering Background
- Technical Professional Background
- Extra Course and Certificate Programs
3. Career Episodes
Career Episode Writing is the most important step for writing a successful CDR. It is an opportunity for engineers to showcase that their knowledge is competent for skilled migration visas, represented through a career episode. To write Career Episode Report, you need to choose a particular situation to elaborate on your engineering competencies.
Writing Career Episodes for Engineers Australia requires complete command over your language skills and a good grasp of over-engineering skills and knowledge. One’s experiences as an engineer play an important role in crafting an effective CDR.
While writing career episodes, do not forget to include the following four sections:
- Engineering Activity
What are the characteristics of a good CDR Report?
Features of the good CDR Report are:
- Don’t forget the career episodes intend to showcase your skills as a professional engineer, engineering technologist, engineering associate, or engineering manager. Hence, choose your project carefully.
- Australians assess your reports, so use the correct Australian English language. It also reflects your communication skills.
- One of the key features of an efficient CDR is that it keeps off any unrelated details that EA doesn’t ask for. For instance, Ea doesn’t want the history of your company, achievements of your team. It only concerts to your contribution as an engineer.
- Be ready to complete all your claims with documents and proof. Show evidence of results you claim to achieve.
- EA directs a prescribed writing style for Career Episodes. These episodes need to be in the first person in an active voice. It means that it needs to be written in I planned, I measured, and more manner.
- EA questions you about writing a Summary Statement where you need to analyze how each paragraph needs to write career episodes related to your competency for the skilled migration category.
Do you need any help to prepare your CDR Report? Don’t hesitate to contact CDRWritersHub to get excellent EA-approved CDR Reports. We have an expert team of engineers and writers to write your report with 100% genuine and original content.