Frequently Asked Questions
Frequenty Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions and its answer related to skill assessment, CDR Report, RPL Report, KA02 Report.
Or call us on +61 480 030 545
Frequently asked questions
Here is the list of most common questions asked by our clients regarding regarding our CDR report services, and skill assessment process.
I want to apply for a migration skill assessment, what should I do?
Initially, you need to apply online for a Migration Skills Assessment, selecting the pathway appropriate to your membership eligibility.
- If you have Australian Accredited Qualifications, pick the Australian Qualifications pathway;
- If you have Accord Qualifications, then choose the Accord pathway;
- And, if you have been through a Stage 1 Assessment, then choose the CDR pathway
What is Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)?
A Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is a combination of documents that illustrates your professional experience in detailed, systematic, comprehensive and well organized manner. This document is used by Engineers Australia to evaluate the capability of engineers on the basis of engineering skills and knowledge, management, communication, and leadership.
What credentials are required to assess my engineering degree through CDR?
Following are the important credentials required for your skill assessments through CDR from Engineers Australia;
- Photograph (PP Size)
- Identity Proof
- IELTS, TOEFL iBT and PTE Result Card
- Up-to-date CV / Resume
- Certified Qualification Evidence/Employment Evidence
- 3 Career Episodes
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
- Summary Statement (SS)
What is a Career episode?
Career episode is a crucial aspect of CDR that explains your educational qualification and work experience in your selected engineering field. You have to submit three different career episodes, all of which should be based upon three different engineering projects that you have done during a certain period during your undergraduate degrees or later.
What materials can be used for writing the career episodes?
The three career episodes should be based on three different engineering projects drawn from different periods of your engineering work. Projects that are eligible for developing Career Episodes are:
- Engineering projects that was done as a part of your academic program.
- Engineering Project that was executed during your employment as an Engineer (Work based Career Episode).
- An engineering project that you are currently working on.
What is the format of career episode writing?
There are specific rules to be followed while writing a career episode:
- 3 Career episodes must be written, each of 1500-2500 words
- Do not include teamwork; instead, focus on your contribution to the project
- Use the first-person narrative while writing career episodes
The language used must be clear without any boundaries and unnecessary elaboration. It can be very trying to take care of all these points and write the episodes accordingly.
What is ANZSCO Code?
ANZSCO (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) is primarily a statistical classification that aggregates and organizes data about jobs and individuals. In classifying occupations, skill levels and specialization are considered based on the skills and specialization typically needed to do the tasks within a particular occupation or in most occupations within a group. The definitions and skill level statements apply to the occupation, not to the individuals in the occupation.
Can you help me decide on my ANZSCO code?
Sure, we can! If you are not sure what ANZSCO code you should apply under, please ask us and we will suggest the most appropriate ANZSCO code for your application. Additionally - if you wish to apply under a specific ANZSCO code, we will adapt your experience to represent you in the best possible way under that code.
I am a recent graduate with no work experience. Can I apply for skills assessment?
Yes, CDR without work experience can be written. You can write it based on your academic projects, training, and workshops.
Do I need to submit my academic projects?
No, you don't have to submit your academic project report as a part of your CDR application. However, in some cases, you might be asked by Engineers Australia to submit the original report based on developing your career episodes. In such cases, you must submit the project report within the timeframe specified. Failing to do so leads to rejection, and you might be banned as well.
Do you provide projects for Career episode?
Yes, we provide projects for career episode. We possess well experienced writer who can write reports based on your requirement as well as recommend necessary changes (if any) on the project you already have. For more details, please contact our customer service.
How long will it take for the skill assessment?
For the complete Skill Assessments including 485 applications and reassessment, change of occupation received are:
- The approximate time is 8-10 weeks once Engineers Australia receives all documents
- Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) takes about 3 to 5 working weeks
- For point test application only takes 4 to 6 weeks
- For the reassessment, it takes 3 to 5 weeks
What is a highly apt field of study?
Engineers Australia consider the following factors:
- If you have a specialized qualification or whether your qualification has a major or if your qualification has a significant field of Study which Engineers Australia has identified as related for the occupation in Australia
- The depth and breadth of Study in the major
- The employment outcomes of the qualification in the country concerned
- Course requirements like thesis work, significant projects, internship, work placement
What is CPD (Continuing Professional Development)?
A CDP is a record of all formal and informal activities you carried out as your nominated Engineering Occupation training. Engineers Australia seeks all those activities you have undergone to gain knowledge and progress in your learning. It should be listed in chronological order
How long it will take you to prepare CDR from scratch?
It will take about 3-4 weeks on average to prepare complete CDR (3 Career Episodes, Summary Statement and CPD). However, we have “fast track” service to help you get your CDR in the shortest possible time. Of course, the cost will vary depending on how fast you want your CDR to be prepared.
Why are many CDR reports rejected by Engineers Australia?
Engineers Australia usually rejects CDR reports when they fail to address engineering competency elements. Remember, EA has generally banned those applicants who have failed to justify the explanations that EA questioned while assessing their applications.
Do I have to pay upfront?
Yes, you need to make a partial payment first so that the writers can start writing.
Do you want instant Help?
Give Us Call On +61 480 029 925
Feel free to contact us. We can solve all your queries and problems and provide you best guidance and suggestions.